Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just a little Wiggle Worm

After a long day at work and a trip to Wal-Mart with Landrick, I was able to sit back and watch him wiggle around on top of our ottoman tonight. I had laid a colorful quilt (thank you Ann Scott:) down on top of it and just let him play around and try to grab his toys. We'd been working on rolling over from back to front (and have come quite close to complete success several times but have thus far come up a bit shy) but had never even tried to attempt rolling from belly to back. He's able to wiggle himself around in a circle almost... it's rather cute to watch. Tonight I was trying to give him some extra belly time to work on his upper body strength.

While on his belly he all of a sudden pushed his little knees up under him a bit and kind of rolled over onto his side! Woah! He'd done it before I even realized what he was trying to do. A moment later he plopped back over on his belly (his starting position) and then tried to do the same thing again with no luck. Even though it was not even perhaps a '1/2 of a milestone' as his mother I was totally impressed. My baby boy is growing so fast... right before my eyes. I've decided that I shouldn't blink for a while...

No comments: