Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rolling over... and back over again.

Before leaving for work this morning I fed Landrick and then put him back to bed to sleep for at least another hour or so. Although he was asleep, I kissed him goodbye, told him Mommy loved him (my morning ‘goodbye’ routine – mostly for my comfort) and off I went to work. When I returned to work Sam asked me if I’d laid him down on his back to sleep this morning. I gave him a rather odd look and said ‘no’ (hold your gasps to a minimum… yes my son sleeps on his tummy. I spent 12 weeks sleeping with him on my chest in the recliner until Sam pushed the issue and persuaded me to allow Landrick to sleep on his tummy – he’s been fine and slept well ever since). Sam then proceeded to tell me that Landrick woke him up this morning ‘talking’ and when he rolled over to say good morning Landrick was laying on his back! Our Little Man had rolled over for the first time (to our knowledge) and we did not even get to see it! Ha!


This evening I was playing with him on his blanket on the living room floor when while on his back he almost completely rolled over to his front… He got all the way over, but his left arm was stuck underneath him so he ended up plopping back over onto his back…. CRAZY! We’ve been ‘practicing’ with him… but it’s still hard to belive that he’s old enough to start doing such things. Every day I look at the photo on my desk of Sam holding him when he was just 2 days old… it seems like yesterday… but at the same so far away. Our little man is becoming closer to just that…. A little man.

No comments: