Saturday, April 3, 2010

Giggles, Toots and Toes

Yesterday was such a great day! It started with Landrick waking up at 4:00amish and wanting to play. Even though I was suuuuuper tired, I still thought it was the cutest thing on Earth. Being the responsible Mommy that I am though, I gave him a few kisses and told him that it was not time to play, but rather time to sleep. I put him back in the pack ‘n play (his bed for now) and laid down with my head next to him. He played by himself for the next 45 minutes or so and then went to sleep without even a fuss.


Before I left for work I had him drink some breakfast and he’d just fallen asleep while eating when he tooted… a few seconds later he giggled. He’s had ‘happy baby’ squeals before, but this was the first actual giggle I’d heard. No doubt onset by the gas, but nevertheless oh-so-very cute and memorable.

When I got home from work yesterday we quickly gathered some essentials in preparation for an evening of egg dying and grilling out at Meimaw and Poppy’s. While I was changing Landrick’s diaper he lifted his feet up to play with them (which he does ALL the time) but as soon as I got that diaper all the way off he popped his toes right into his mouth!!! He’s constantly trying to ‘chew’ on his toes like he chews on his fists and fingers, but alas, being diaperless allowed him to finally reach his goal. Ahhh… such a cutie.

Although he’s not quite hit the 5 month mark, I do think he enjoyed dying eggs last night as well. He kept staring at all of the mugs that each contained a different dye color (there were probably 10 to 13 different colors I’d say) but his favorite part was trying to grab the spoons. Poppy was freaking out worrying that he’d make a mess (I’m so much like my dad in that respect), while Meimaw just let him grab away and when he splashed some dye on her shirt she simply replied, well I want to tie-dye this shirt anyway!
This morning he got up again at 7:00 and was such a happy baby! He took a 2.5 hour nap for me at 8:15 and got up just in time to eat and experience his first ever Easter Egg hunt in the neighborhood.
He may only be 5 months old and some reading may think it’s silly that we dyed Easter eggs with him and took him to an Easter egg hunt, but a child only has one first Easter and this was his. He may have no memories of it when he grows, but his very happy Mommy and Daddy will have these memories for the rest of our lives.

No comments: