Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sleeping in his own room..

For those of you who know us well, Sam and I vowed that Landrick (or any other future child) would sleep in our bed. I can honestly say that we've stayed true to that promise, although there are a few others that we haven't. hehe.

Before I had Landrick (and even when he was only a month or two old) I swore that he'd be in his own room once he was able to roll over easily. Well, he's been rolling over easily for at least 2 months now (probably longer) but he's just spent his third night in his own room. He seems to be fairly unfazed, as he still goes to bed at about the same time, still wakes in the middle of the night at the same time, and does just about as good of a job of falling asleep on his own. The transition has obviously been harder for me. I miss watching him sleep... hearing his little grunts... and laughing with Sam when Landrick would pop his little head up to watch So You Think You Can Dance, or just to check to make sure Mommy and Daddy were still there. I miss watching and listening to him 'talk' to the animals on his blanket... I miss hearing him scratch the side of his pack 'n play and then giggle to himself...

I know, it's only been three nights... but I'm still getting use to the little man not being right next to Mommy. I know the separation needed to occur, but it doesn't make me miss those little moments. My little man is growing up...

No comments: