Monday, July 12, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Okay, so I've not done so well with posting on a regular basis this summer. Mostly because, well, it's summer. Summer in the Mason household is busy for Momma Mason. It's one of our busier times at work, I usually take summer courses and now, of course, I've got a baby Mason too:)

Vacation was great... mostly just spending the entire week with Landrick and Sam was sooooooo wonderful. It made it hard to got back to work. Sam loves being with Landrick all day, but I don't think he perhaps appreciates the time the same way that I do... simply because he's not been on the other end. He's not had to go week after week after week and only see his son during the day two out of the 7 days of the week. It's hard... but I know it's harder on me than on Landrick. (I'll devote an entire post to vacation later... it's okay if things get a little out of order.. I'll let my OCD slide on that one.)

Landrick's got two little teeth now... both of his front bottom teeth came in in one week's time. The first one (his front left) popped through on Friday July 2nd and the bottom front right popped through on the 7th (I think). He's trying hard to crawl and will push up on his feet and hands on a regular basis. He also gets on all fours and rocks back and forth... he just can't seem to move his hands and his legs at the same time. He does a great job scooting backward and can go across the entire room that way... but had not yet mastered going forward. Although, this evening he did put his hands on a blanket while he pushed his feet against the bare floor, which allowed him to move forward with some ease. He's also started to attempt to pull up on things. He pulled up on my legs last week and again tonight. Yesterday he tried to pull up on his bouncy seat but fell over after a few attempts.

He's been going to bed a little bit earlier... which makes it easier for me to do my homework, but is still kind of sad because it's just less time that I get to spend with him during the day. I made him some homemade baby food and he gagged the first time he tasted it... I had to laugh, even though I'd spent ALL DAY making it.

He eats like crazy and pretty much likes all the foods he's tried (except for avocado). Sam's dying to give him a teething biscuit, but I'm not quite ready. I'll let him chew/suck on watermelon rinds as a treat... and he loves it!

The fourth of July was a hit for the little man. He wasn't afraid of the fireworks at all and managed to stay up for the firework show on Saturday and Sunday evening. When the fireworks went off, he would flail his arms and legs in excitement... it was too cute!

Landrick's first swimming lesson was on Saturday and he did so well! He got a little fussy at the end. I thought it might be because he was sleepy, but realized when we got out that he had a MASSIVE burp inside just begging to get out. As soon as I held him against me it escaped and he was our happy little Landrick again. He'll have to put his face underwater during the next lesson... I'm not sure Mommy's ready for that!

No comments: