Monday, July 19, 2010

Loving Chimes and Finger Snapping

Since I'm in a rather depressive state right now I figured I would blog about my little baby boy to make me feel better... there's no better cure for a bad day then thinking about your child:)

Yesterday was my 29th birthday and we all celebrated in style, including little man. I suppose he was so excited to celebrate my birthday that he wanted to pretty much stay up all night. After opting to go to bed early (rather than stay up late and do homework) I was awoke by Landrick around 3:00am... he went back to bed around 3:30am... but then proceeded to wake up every 30 to 45 minutes until 7:15 when he finally slept for 2 hours straight. I was expecting to see a new tooth in the morning light... but no, he just didn't feel like sleeping much I suppose. Last night he went back to 'normal' so we'll just chalk that one up to another parenthood mystery!

While eating supper last night Landrick also showed off is 'snapping' skills. Sam would stand in front of him and snap his fingers and then pause. In response, Landrick would rub his little thumb and pointer finger together trying to mimic the sound that Daddy was making. It was really cute... and just proves just how much a little mind can take in and interpret.

Tonight Landrick got sooooo incredibly excited about the chimes in his room. It was so very cute! He's loved chimes since he was born (I can take him out on the porch and sit so he can listen to them and he'll calm right down) so we hung some in his room. Sam was teaching him how to gently push the dangley thing to make the chimes make noise. Landrick would look at them and reach his hand up and giggle. Perhaps next time we'll try to get it on video.

Our little man is growing up... too fast. 8 and a half months already... I'm not sure where the time has gone.

No comments: