Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Watermelon and Pickles, Oh My!

Lately I've eased up on my rigidness when it comes to introducing 'flavors' to Landrick. I still will not allow anyone to feed him high sugary foods or anything that isn't pureed, but I have begun allowing him to have 'tastes' of different foods from the table.

The first 'new' food I let him taste was watermelon. I pushed my finger into the watermelon and got some juice on the end of it and then allowed him to lick the juice off of my finger... he loved it! He loved it so much that I decided to give him a little piece to 'gum' on. I smashed it down close to the rind so there would be nothing to choke on and let him suck the juices. He was sooooooo happy! He got quite mad when we took it away from him... hehe. I guess he inherited my love for watermelon:)


Yesterday I let him taste a pickle... is it bad that Sam and I found it REALLY funny? Poor little man didn't really like the sourness of the pickle, although I should have know that since he thinks that applesauce is too sour!



No comments: