Thursday, June 3, 2010

Remote control hide-and-go-seek

So I’ve been ‘slacking’ a bit on my blog… normally I would post after Landrick fell asleep at night but since Sam’s been home I’ve spent that time watching tv or talking with him. It’s nice to have him home in the evenings before I go to bed… I’ll get spoiled this summer and will have a hard time adjusting in the fall.

Landrick’s been so stinking cute lately… of course, he’s cute all the time so I guess that’s nothing new! The night before last he ‘held’ a book (as if he was reading it) for the first time. He probably could have done this a few weeks ago, but he just took a notion to do it while Sam was reading a new petting zoo Biscuit book to him. He looked like such a big boy! Btw – he love, love, loves that book! He spazes out every time we read it to him… he’ll pound his little hands against the pages and gets so excited! Hehe Sam bought it as a treat for him the other day while they were out and about – he said it was the book that Landrick liked the best:) I love those boys!

Sam, Landrick and I participated in Morehead’s Memorial Day parade… I thought it was quite fitting that Landrick’s first parade was the Memorial Day Parade. His Papaw Landon Mason (who passed away in June of 2004) was a Veteran and would have been so proud of his little grandson. We rode our bikes (with Landrick in tow in the trailer attached to Sam’s bike) with the Sustainable Morehead group. It was nice… and fun. Landrick fell asleep before the parade began and slept the whole way through. We kept hearing shouts from the spectators about how cute he was… Oh yeah… that’s my cute son:)

We played ‘where’s the remote’ with Landrick last night. It was the funniest thing! We put him in the bed with us (not to sleep – just to play) and would place the tv remote in various places around us (some obvious, some not-so-much). Little man would jerk his little head around until he spotted the thing and then he’d pounce. When it disappeared again he’d first check the place he last saw it and then when he didn’t see it he’d begin his search from there. It was soooooo funny. We would hide the remote half-way under the blanket or put it far away from him just to see if he could spot it. He found it every time. I’m thinking we need to find a remote for him that we don’t ‘use’ just so he can play with it!

No comments: