Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sitting up!

Landrick has started sitting up for long durations (5 min or longer) by himself. He first really sat up on his own on Saturday June 12th while in Cincinnati visiting Nonnie Jane and Pawpaw Fred. What a little boy he is becoming! Last night while in a cabin with Mom and Dad at Carter Caves he sat up for more than 5 minutes on his own while playing with his toys. He’s still a little wobbly of course, but he’s finally gotten the hang of it. He was even able to reach down and to his side and pick up a toy to play with! Mommy’s proud of her baby boy’s core strength! Hehe


While we were all sitting around being totally impressed at what a good job he was doing he ended up reaching a bit too far to his right for a toy and kind of plopped over. I caught him but as he was in mid fall he let out a little toot, when then as he fell further turned into a long bigger toot! We all had a good laugh at that. And, the best part…. Sam was videotaping! Ha! I’m sure Landrick will loooooove watching that when he’s older.

He’s talking more and more (still in baby language) and can now make the ‘BOP’ sound. He started out with ‘Da da da da’, then progressed to ‘Ma ma ma ma’ then went on the ‘Na na na na’ and now there’s ‘Ba ba ba’ and ‘Bop Bop Bop’. He’s also quite good at putting different sounds (words, in my opinion) together to form what I think are sentences. I told me mom last night that it was music to my ears to hear him babble… I can’t get enough of it. I know I will miss that when he learns to actually talk….

By the way, we’ve realized that our baby boy can’t sleep well unless it’s noisy. I guess that can be a good thing… but it can also be a little bit challenging at times! Sometimes a little peace and quite is nice, especially at night. But Roo likes the radio to be on, or his rain water ‘music’. I can’t blame the little man though.
It was super funny this morning because the fire alarm went off in our cabin at 6:00am. I was up in a heart beat and, as any mom would do, I covered Landrick’s ears. He didn’t stir until I started to cover his ears… and I think only then because I was touching him. Of course, the fire alarm does sound like Sam’s regular alarm clock (he’s a heavy sleeper), so Landrick probably thought we were just at home!


No comments: