Saturday, May 15, 2010

One of those moments...

Landrick pooped on Sam yesterday while Sam was giving the little man a bath... what made it even funnier was the fact that we had just been talking about that type of 'situation' a few nights before with some friends of ours. I had to laugh out loud when I read the text message Sam sent telling me that Landrick had ribbon poo in the bathtub.... that he (Sam) had gagged... but then managed to clean it all up and continue with the bath. Oh, that's the type of moment that I'm quite sad I missed... mostly because I would have loved to see the look on Sam's face. ha!

I'm sitting here right now waiting for Sam to get home with some Boca burgers for lunch and watching Landrick play in a saucer. It's the first time that he's ever been in one and he loooooves it. Man... my little man is growing up...

We fed him organic winter squash today... and he loved that too! Not only does he looooooove his oatmeal but he really took to the squash well (a baby boy after his Momma's heart). It was the first 'non-cereal' food that he's had. It really wasn't even that messy of an experience, much to my delight. He didn't try to put his hands in it or grab the spoon. He just sat there with his hands out wide and his mouth wide open. I think it is safe to say that he's an eater...

He had his six month appointment yesterday and had only gained a little over a pound, which surprised me. The doctor wasn't too concerned but said we'd have to keep an eye on it. The little guy eats a lot, so hopefully his metabolism is just rockin. Apparently the nurse that measured his height last night was a little generous as well, because he only measured about a half-inch taller this time (which was right on the 'arch' that he was previously on before last month's appointment). I think we'll just chalk that one up to human inconsistencies.

This morning we went for a community bike ride. I pulled Landrick behind me in his little trailer and Poppy (my Dad) rode most of the way with me. We rode quite a bit with the group and then went on our own, as I did not want Landrick on any of the 'big' roads. It was really nice... it was fun to take time to show our support for a bike friendly city and spend a little family time... we were quite excited when Poppy joined Sam, Landrick and I too... a nice surprise.

No comments: