Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Bee Happy Being Bouncy

Yesterday when I got home from work I picked up Landrick and realized that Sam had dressed him in a winnie the pooh outfit that he'd never worn before... that outfit, unbeknownst to Sambo, has significant meaning to me, as it was one of two outfits that I saved from a yard sale of Nik's years ago... when a Mason baby was just a daydream. At the time Sam and I were trying to conceive but hadn't had any luck... it was the following October that we became pregnant for the first time, followed by the miscarriage in December. I can remember sitting in the to-be nursery and holding on to that outfit... wondering if I would ever be able to have a biological child. When I looked at Landrick in that outfit yesterday I made sure to give a shout out to God for giving me the chance to be that little man's momma. I feel so very lucky.

Btw - I looooove the outfit because, first of all - it's cute, and secondly because it's got tigger and pooh on it and little bees. It's so fitting for Landrick to wear it and look so cute because he love, love, loooooves to bounce. He's Mommy's happy little bouncing boy! I had to giggle this morning when he was in his bouncy seat (bouncing of course) and I finally read what the outfit said... Just Bee Happy Being Bouncy. Just perfect!

On a side note, but one that's consumed me all day, it seems to be getting harder and harder to leave the little man in the mornings. I thought it would perhaps get a little bit easier as time passed, but I think it has actually gotten harder (actually I know it has gotten harder). I'm consumed with thinking about all the things I may be missing out on while away from him... I know it's inevitable, but it's still hard to swallow at times. I am so very thankful that Sam is home with him, as I know it would be 100 times worse if he wasn't. I keep thinking about all of the fun things we could do if I were home during the day everyday. Sigh. Oh well. Perhaps this time next year I'll at least have some summer time available to spend with the little man... God only knows and I must trust in him. :)

No comments: