Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lip sucker...

So I just noticed for the first time today that Landrick has begun sucking on his bottom lip... it has to be one of the cutest things ever! I'll try to get a photo of him doing it tomorrow. It's really cute and kind of makes him look like a papaw of sorts.

After two weeks and 2.5 days without pooping he had a poopsplosion on Sam. I was talking to Sam on the phone and while in mid-sentence he goes 'Oh my Gosh.. I have to go.' Then he muttered something like 'Landrick, well, ummmm, he, ewwwww... its everwhere... no need to worry now...' He hung up the phone, I laughed outloud histerically and tried to call my sister to entertain her with the story as well. Couldn't reach her, but did reach Mom... we both had a good laugh. Later Sam called me back and told me that he'd taken Landrick outside to get the mail and before he even got back into the house there was poop up to his armpits. Good job baby boy! :)

This past weekend Morehead had a record-breaking flood... we were out of electricity and power for about a day.. luckily, Mom and Dad still had power and water for a while. When the power went out I had one thing on my mind... Landrick's frozen milk. There was no way I was going to let that stuff go bad... I have worked HARD since January to produce a milk supply for the little man (enough to fill an entire cooler) and was not about to let it melt! All is well now.. milk is safe... Mommy Amanda can rest easy about that.

The effects of the flood on Morehead/Rowan Co citizens is pretty heartbreaking... my minor inconvienence of no power or water pales in comparison to what many people are going through right now with the loss of property... it was a pretty crazy Sunday and Monday... but now people are slowly starting to put things back together.

On a funny note... I just realized that tomorrow is Wednesday. All evening I thought tomorrow was Thursday.. I even put the trash out (since it runs on Thursdays). Wow... I must be tired.

No comments: