Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day and a post-Mother's Day surprise, of sorts... :)

Last year I can remember sitting in church and wanting to stand up when Pastor Daniel recognized all of the mothers... Sam and I were about 3 months pregnant at the time but only a handful of people knew. Although our precious baby was not born yet, I still considered myself a mother and wanted to stand:) This past Sunday, I proudly stood when Pastor Daniel asked all of the Mothers to stand and be recognized... it was perhaps one of the best parts of the day. I'd been waiting for that day for so long... and it was worth every second of the wait. I couldn't be more thankful for such an amazing gift... the opportunity to be a mother. I pray that I do not take it for granted and that I treat such a precious gift carefully. Although I know I will make mistakes, I hope I learn from them and always give motherhood my best effort.


On to Landrick news... he's super cute, but we already knew that, right? hehe
For some reason whenever people ask me about him I always respond by saying 'He's super cute'... what a random response... but it's kind of weird to respond to that question... I probably can't say 'He's the most awesome baby ever... sooo cute, sooo cuddly, amazing, smart, happy, sweet, etc'... the list would go on forever!
He helped me celebrate Mother's Day by getting up early and hanging out with me while I did some chores... then he surprised me with a necklace (which he untied the ribbon on the box) and a card (which he tried to eat and then got mad because I wouldn't let him eat it). He let me take a quick nap while he napped, played with a new toy with me, and then spent the evening at Meimaw and Poppy's helping Daddy catch a HUGE bass and playing. It was a great day... to say the least.
Yesterday, as gross as it is to talk about, I can say that I was finally able to understand what Nikki meant when she talked about how strictly 'breast milk' diapers were the best ones to change... I would always secretly think to myself 'how bad could they be - the ones right now aren't too bad'. Yeah, so I was certainly able to get a small grasp of 'how bad could they be' yesterday. When I got home from work Sam had just arrived home from the store and Landrick was hanging out in his car seat while Sam put the groceries away. I went over to pick him up and smelled something BAD. I immediately looked for signs of a blowout but didn't see anything. So, as any mother would do, I got a little closer 'sniff' of his bottom. Oh my word... I immediately went to his room and called for Sam. He was on the phone but I told him he could continue talking but that I was not going to experience this diaper change alone. Sam was standing in the doorway talking to a work friend when I pulled the diaper back (while not breathing through my nose) suddenly his conversation stopped, he gagged and I said ‘Umm… I think we should give Landrick a bath’. And that is exactly what we did.

No comments: