Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Celebrating 5 years...



(Pictures taken while hiking at Natural Bridge)


As many of us can attest, marriage is not always easy, it's not always fun, but it can definitely be one of the best things in life. I was fortunate enough to marry Sam 5 years ago in May and have had him by my side as my best friend ever since. Before I was married I used to lay in bed at night and wonder if I already knew (was acquainted with) the man I was going to marry.... it seemed so odd to me that I might be friends with, neighbors, in class with or perhaps had just passed the man on the street without even knowing that I would be spending the rest of my life with him! Those days are long gone and that question was answered long ago and now Sam and I spend each day discovering along side one another what life has to hold for us.

My FAVORITE thing about being married is the fact that I will always have someone to share my time with. Even though we certainly do not do everything together, we know that the option is always there. Fortunately, Sam and I do have a lot of common interests, even though we are VERY different in many aspects. Since we've been married we've both discovered our soft-spot for KY State Parks! We love them!!!!!! Therefore, I thought it would be fitting to visit a couple while we took a few days to get away, relax, and celebrate our 5th year anniversary! We had a WONDERFUL time.... :)

2 comments:

The Reynolds Family said...

Congrats!!!!! Wished we lived closer so we could hang out w/ you two!

angela said...

Congratulations on 5 years! Ours is in August and you've inspired me to get out in KY! So, when are you coming to dinner??

:-)