Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fishing Derby



Have you ever heard of a Fishing Derby?? Well - being the daughter of a Fisheries Biologist in charge of a Fishing Derby, I was able to experience one first-hand this past Saturday. Basically, kids of all ages are able to fish for free (without a license) for a few hours out of the Hatchery's stock ponds. And let me tell you - kids (and parents) came from all over to partake in the fun-filled day of fishing. Since dad was in charge, he asked if I'd be interested in taking photos for documentation purposes... which I thought would be kinda fun.

Sam and I arrived at the Hatchery around 6:30am and witnessed the families flood in (btw, some were already there when we arrived - mind you the event did not start until 8:00). Nik and Jamie brought Ross, Hannah and Ray out for the occasion as well. I had to force myself away from them because once they arrived, I found myself only taking their pictures!!! :)

All in all, it was a really fun day. Ross and Hannah both won door prizes (fishing poles and gear) and Sam and I both decided that when we have kids and they are old enough to hold a pole, that we'll take them to the Fishing Derby too.

1 comment:

The Reynolds Family said...

How did I miss this for the past 25 years of my life???? How fun!