Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tub Time

A new post has been loooooooong over due... in the past (almost) month since my last post Landrick officially hit the 10 month mark, had Strep Throat, attended his first wedding (while suffering Strep), REALLY started loving books, started squatting with his bottom off the floor, lets go of things while standing and stands on his own for several seconds, slept through the night (and did it 5 nights in a row), learned how to open the cabinet doors in the kitchen (and pull everything out;), and currently has Thrush (thanks to the Strep antibiotics). Shew! I'm sure that's not all, but those are the things I could think of in the last 20 seconds! Oh... and he's starting to eat/try more and more 'table' food. (He love, love, loves rye bread!)

Tonight, however, one of his actions warranted a post... so here I am, about to brag on my baby boy.

After eating supper (and getting it everywhere) I gave Landrick a bath. As previously noted in other posts, he wants to stand up in the tub CONSTANTLY. Tonight was no different; therefore, after telling him to sit on his bottom multiple times I decided bath time was over and removed the plastic lid that I use to stop up the drain (the little metal thing is jacked up and too much of  headache for me to deal with). I placed it in the pitcher next to the tub that holds some of Landrick's bathtub toys, etc.

As soon as the water started draining, Landrick sprinted (well... crawled quickly) from the other end of the tub to investigate. He frantically swiped his hand back and forth over the drain and then immediately pulled up on the side of the tub, reached down and grabbed the plastic lid (aka drain stopper) and tried to put it back over top of the drain.

When he started to pull up I almost scolded him for the 100th time to sit on his bottom... but then realized what he was reaching for and decided that I would let it play out to see exactly what he did. I was quite surprised that the clearly knew where I kept the drain stopper and exactly what it's purpose is... wow. I'm impressed. Of course, I don't doubt his intelligence, but he is after all only 10 months old.... I guess he was motivated by the fact that he was not ready for bath time to end!

Love, love, love that baby boy!!!


No comments: