Friday, September 24, 2010

Peek-a Who?

So Landrick is completely obsessed with books and I am LOVING every minute of it! When he was younger it was hard for me to grasp the idea that he couldn't sit still long enough to make it through an entire (short) book. But now (when reading the 'right' one) he will sit on my lap and let me read an entire book to him... multiple times. He gets SO excited!!! I LOVE IT!

Yesterday afternoon I put all of the books that he had 'read' the night before (there were probably 15) back on his bookshelf. I put his favorite book, Peek-a Who?, up last making sure that it wasn't easily seen... I was curious to see how long it would take Landrick to find it that afternoon.

Well the little man did not disappoint. I picked him up from the sitter, took him to his room, changed his diaper and then set him on the floor. He immediately crawled over to the bookshelf and pulled out a book. Not just ANY book... his Peek-a Who book!

All I can say is never underestimate how smart and attentive a baby is... I never realized just how much babies pick up on and retain until little man came along. Crazy.

Some of Landrick's other favorite books include, Ruff Ruff Where's Scruff, Baby Farm Animals, Peek-a-boo baby, and several more that I can't remember the names of!! ;)

No comments: