Monday, November 15, 2010

Sippy Cup and Head Shakes

Landrick's personality is really starting to show through... Here are a few of the funny things he's been doing lately.

If you put his sippy cup in the cup holder on the right side of his high chair he will promptly move it back to the cup holder on the left side.

He now will do things for praise... I clapped and said 'yay' when he took a drink from his cup and then set it nicely in the cup holder. So of course he did it again almost immediately. Then, he would just pick the cup up a few inches (not taking a drink) and set it right back down, looking and smiling at me the whole time. Too cute!

This morning when I went in to get him from his crib after I'd showered he decided to play his version of peek-a-boo with me by holding on to the crib rail and squatting down and springing back up quickly... he'd just laugh.... it was soo cute.

He likes to pull every single one of his board books off of the bottom shelf of his bookshelf/changing table. One by one, but in a methodical fashion. Then when he's done he'll find the one he wants to 'read' and pull it out.

Every morning when he's finished nursing he immediately turns around and points to his 'I love Pumpkins' book and wants me to read it to me. So I'll pick it up and begin reading... when I get a few pages in he'll point to his Corduroy Halloween book and want to read that one. So I put the pumpkin book back and grab the corduroy... then after a few pages he'll point to the pumpkins book again... and the cycle continues. :)

And, he does looooove, loooove, love pumpkins. He points to them whenever he sees one... I think he has a 'pumpkin' radar because he'll spot them before I even do.

Today I was offering him some water from the straw sticking out of my water jug. He leaned down, put the straw in his mouth and proceeded to blow bubbles. He did this every time I offered him the water. Too funny. He used to know how to drink from a straw....

He'll stick his legs/feet up in the air when we tell him it's time to put socks, shoes, or pants on... ;)

But, he doesn't like to really wear shoes or socks after a few minutes of having them on.

I give him things to play with while I change his diaper (trying to keep him occupied). As soon as he's had enough (or if I give him an uninteresting item) he'll immediately drop it over his left shoulder... which means it falls between the wall and the changing table. I think it's become a little game to him... that he always wins;)

No comments: