Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Landrick Funnies

Landrick's first birthday and birthday party have come and gone... they weren't what I expected them to be, but were great regardless. Mom and Dad were not able to come to his party, but Landrick and I did go over to their house on Monday (Landrick's actual birthday) for a quick visit.

Here are a few funny things Landrick has recently done:

The other night I decided to let him take his own bites off of a banana (he LOVES bananas, btw). At first I held the banana and he did quite well scraping little bits off. Then he wanted to hold the banana and did so successfully after getting past the cold peel bumping against his hand. However, when he to take a bit off of the banana he treated it like a bottle and started sucking on the end of it. It was soooooooo funny!  I was worried that he would end up sucking a big chunk off and getting choked so I tried to help him a bit. But when he was ready for the next bite he did the same thing. Too funny.

Yesterday while I was changing his diaper he proceeded to grab my arm and give me raspberries on it. When I picked him up he pushed his face against my neck and gave me raspberries on my neck too!

Today he started sticking his tongue out and blowing... I don;t know how to describe it in words, but he kept doing it over and over while I was with him at the office.

On Sunday night when we showed him his new play room he was really excited, but eased into the room. He crawled in and just kind of looked around in awe. Then he got quite excited when he saw the fireflies and bear (he even went up and 'petted' the bear). We were trying to get him to crawl through his tunnel by throwing Woody from one side to the other, but rather than crawling through the tunnel he would peek in and then crawl as fast as he could around the outside toward the other end. We would repeat this and he would repeat his actions. Then finally he just crawled right in and through the tunnel! I guess he had to make sure it was 'safe' first.

Landricks 1st Birthday Party:

Landrick seemed to have a good time at his party... he took a nap right before it started, which probably was a very good thing. He wasn't very interested in his cake, mostly because he did not like touching the icing. Nik wasn't surprised since it took him a few weeks before he warmed up to the sand box (he may have a few sensory issues). He ate a few bites when I fed them to him, but otherwise did not get it all over him or 'dive right in' as I had anticipated:) He seemed to enjoy opening his gifts but was mostly interested in the tissue paper (which I expected). The whole experience was a bit surreal... now even three days later I can't believe that his birthday and birthday party are over.

On his actual 1st Birthday we took him for his check-up... he was longer than the tape measure they had! 30 3/4 inches long and weighed 20 lbs 9 ounces. He cried a bit after his shots but after a few minutes was fine. We went and painted his hand prints at the Mad Potter and he did so very well!!! The owner said they normally don't do prints for kids under 18 months, but Landrick was successful on the first try! I was actually quite surprised as he had just had shots, missed his nap and was hungry. We then went to eat at Rafferty's and Landrick had Roasted Sweet Potato Rice Pilaf and really liked it! :)

When we got home he took a quick nap and then he and I both took another little nap together:) I took him over to Meimaw and Poppy's to play and open his gifts from them and then went home and put him to bed.

No comments: