Monday, September 8, 2008

Triathlon

Okay… so I’ve been a bad blogger lately. I can only blame myself, but will use my hectic work schedule at the beginning of the semester as an excuse. Hopefully, I’ll now find myself back on the track of being a regular blog updater!

TONS of things have happened since I last posted. Sam and I went on another incredible vacation to Washington State. I will honor our trip with a blog posting of its own soon. I’ve been as busy as a bee with church, baking, housecleaning/organizing, work (of course), exercising, and spending time with the family.

One of the more exciting events that occurred was Sam’s (and Jamie’s) participation in an Adventure Triathlon. (I chickened out!) The boys were required to kayak 2 miles, run 5 miles and mountain bike 15 miles. THEY DID SOOOOOOO WELL!!! They completed it MUCH faster than any of us expected! It was great to cheer them on… it also made me regret my decision to not participate myself!

I am so very proud of both Sam and Jamie, especially Sam. I know how hard he as worked to get into shape. It’s a very gutsy thing to do when you’ve never done it before… He’d never run 5 miles at one time and only kayaked for the first time the Wednesday before.

Here are some pictures of the outstanding Adventure Triathlon Athletes in action!!!





Here they during the Kayak leg of the race… notice Sam is the only one in a tandem kayak… which weighed about 80 lbs more than the single ones! He said he borrowed that one to use so he and I could go for a paddle later on that day. (Which we did and I TOTALLY loved… we are now using our Can Collecting Fund to save up for a Kayak purchase!)




I was only able to take 1 photo of them running because they finished about much earlier than I expected! I took some photos of them on the moutian bike trail... but they did not turn out so well; therefore, I just included a shot of them riding to the finish! :)

1 comment:

angela said...

Congrats! Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm thrilled you are back into the blogging world!

:-)