Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mission Accomplished!!!!

As miraculous as it may sound, my painting project has been completed!! After two coats of paint on the ceiling, two coats of primer on the walls, two coats of green paint, two coats of cream paint, the purchase, sizing and installation of chair rail (plus two coats of paint on the chair rail), and installation of new outlets/light switches, the room is 98% complete!!!!! All I have left to do is paint the closet doors, window/door trim, and baseboards!!! All I can say is Hooray!

I almost cannot believe that we were able to get so much accomplished! Mom, Dad, Nik and Sam all helped with the project - and Mom has promised to help with the trim painting too! (That's her specialty.)

Now we just need some furniture...... lol


Per Angela's request (and because it's fun) you can see the 'before' pictures above and the 'after' pictures below!!!

4 comments:

The Reynolds Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Great color selection! I am so impressed with your patience to do so many double coats!--but it's true, it always looks better with the second coat.

angela said...

Hooray for pictures! You guys did a great job. I believe you now about the ceiling . . .Funny! Great colors!!!!!

Kris and Kally said...

You did it!!! I am so proud of you! And you said you'd never get it done! lol! Love the color...whats the name of it??

hotlasagna said...

Looks awesome!