Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Paint!

After over 2 and a half years of living in our house and knowing that I needed to paint our back bedroom, I finally went and purchased paint for the project last night. Of course, the only reason why I ended up doing it was because we had a $20-off coupon! haha Anything to save money I suppose. In my defense, I could never conjure up enough nerve to actually choose colors - knowing that I once I bought the paint I couldn't change my mind (unless I wanted to waste money - which is a no no).

I decided that painting (or having Sam paint) the back bedroom would be a perfect 'Spring Break' project. I have also decided that I might be able to solicit some help from my mom, as she will be off as well. All I know is that I need to get the room painted - right now it has purple and pink walls and a very pink ceiling. I am actually surprised that I have been able to survive having a room that color in my house for this long! (Of course, it is not really a room that we use at this point.)

Trying to plan ahead a little, I decided on painting the bottom portion of the walls 'Lyndhurst Spring Eve' aka a shade of sage green, the top portion of the walls 'Soft Cream', and the ceiling white (which one would think would be a no-brainer - but I don't think the previous owners of our home admired white ceilings because I the house has none.) I chose the colors so that if the room were to be used as a baby's room, it could accommodate either a boy or a girl. And, until a baby arrives, it can be used as a fairly neutral guest room.

When it's finished I'll post pictures - which will hopefully be in less than a month. (Knowing me though, it end up taking a little longer! :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

seems like an older couple lived in your house for the longest time...
they had grandkids that were our age...
weird that i know that.

also....we have the same taste in colors...i have a room that that is sage...and a room that is a buttery yellow!! great minds think alike!

angela said...

Can't wait to see pictures! Do some before and after . . . I'm having a hard time imagining a ceiling anything but white! :-)